Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sushi? At a Restaurant? 11 Days after Surgery? YES!!

I just got home from dropping Adri and my mom off after going out to dinner with them. We had sushi at a little local joint. The biggest challenge for Adri was the noise. Since she can only hear out her right ear, she struggled a bit with processing our conversation and all of the background noise. Her brain will eventually help her tune in the good stuff and tune out the garbage. Something we could all probably benefit from.

She really is improving but it is still going to be a long road. I am sure she is in her jammies right now and headed to bed. She is such an active person and it is really hard for her to sit still and just heal. If you have any good restful hobbies you could recommend she pick up that would be great, maybe knitting or origami?

Adri is so appreciative of all of the support, love, flowers and gifts. She has told me so many times that she hopes to someday be able to verbalize and thank everyone for everything they have done for her through this process. You all have made it easier for her and for our family.

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I know I enjoy the app "Words with Friends." You can play scrabble with friends. I am widening my vocabulary and having fun. You play it at your pace. Wanna play? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help it, I'm a sucker for sudoku right now. I can sit next to Brian on the couch when he's watching something like nascar (barf!) and still be entertained. Otherwise, you might just have to get a wii and play Mario Kart with me. :)

    ReplyDelete