Wednesday, June 16, 2010

8hrs and 1min

Well, just after Lex's last post Dr. Harsh came out to see us. Everything went really well! She is still in surgery, they are closing her up and replacing the piece of bone they removed from the skull. She will get wheeled by us at around 5:30 and then we should be able to see her around 6:30 in ICU. They were able to remove 99-100% of the tumor and it looked to be a typical benign, non-cancerous, acoustic neuroma. The facial nerve is 100% in tact which is fantastic news. Dr. Harsh was not optimistic that she would retain her hearing in her left ear after the procedure. We are all so relieved and thankful that the procedure was successful! I will post my next update when we get the drive by! Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts, it looks like they were answered!

12 comments:

  1. BEST NEWS EVER! So proud of our brave Adri! Sending hugs and love to the Hallenberger family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Tell her the Nichols are thinking of her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great to hear. Sending my love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray!!!! I am so pleased and relieved it went well. Big love to Adri.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOO-HOOOO! This is fabulous news and truly answered prayers! You all should receive Life Time Achievement Awards for the longest 8 hours ever!!

    Thank you so much for keeping us posted.

    XOXO, Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steve has just arrived home and hopefully I can repond to your blog but my message visa email was Praise the Lord - he is good and we are thrilled for all of you. Skip the water and go buy a bottle of champage.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. FANTASTIC NEWS!! Big hugs to Adri and fam, and indeed, break open that airplane sized wine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad everything went well!! So many prayers were answered! I can't thank you enough for keeping us all posted!!! I'm thinking about y'all!!! xoxoxo Hugs and kisses to adri and to you all from Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. woo hoo! thanks for the news :) gummy bears for everyone! sending hugs and love, darcy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful news after an eternity of waiting! I am praying for your entire family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome news! I knew God would have Adri in His hands.

    I will check the drive by news later. A glass of wine on me!

    ReplyDelete