Monday, June 21, 2010

ADRI IS SNUGGLED IN BED WITH MR. GREEN- POSTED BY MOM

EXPLANATION: Mr. Green is a crocheted blanket made by my Mother (who will be 91 this week) for Adri before she was born (we did not know the sex of our babies, therefore "green"). Mr. Green was her constant companion, dare we forget him at any time was not a good thing for the entire family, and he even experienced some of the first days at UCSB!!! I got him out of retirement and he still cleans up pretty good.

You know how you can look back on life and think, wow, that was interesting, or, I really had fun, or, what a happy occasion, or why me, or that could have gone better, or, that was lousy, or, wasn't that intriguing? I was thinking about that today on how we categorize daily happenings and they go into a myriad of different memory files that you keep as your own personal journal of life. On my drive home from Stanford today with my "acoustic neuroma free" baby girl, I was thinking of this. To categorize this day for my life files, I will say that it has to be one of the best days of my life.

Mom/Marlene/Grandmother-to-be

11 comments:

  1. How precious is your post and how precious that you've found Mr. Green for Adri!?! We are so happy for you all that she is safe at home.
    love, E,M,J,J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlene,

    Glad she is home and doing well. Being at home in familiar surroundings will also help in the healing process!

    Tell Adri that I still have a small piece of my favorite "blankie" that Aunt Lassie made for me and that Aunt Carol still has Jeff & Kim's favorite "blankies" tucked away in the cedar chest!

    Love Yall,

    Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear she's home and doing well. Marlene - my eyes welled up with tears reading your last post! So previous. Hugs and kisses to Adri from DC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adri,

    I am glad you are home under the care of Mom! She sounds awesome.

    I continue to pray for your speedy and full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adri is lucky to have you and the rest of her amazing family by her side. My thoughts and prayers have been with all of you, Marlene. Please give her a HUGE hug for me. And tell her I expect to meet her at Perry's very soon (see if she laughs!).
    Much love,
    Sloane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marlene, this made me cry... in a wonderful way. You are amazing. We're so proud of Adri! Hugs to you all and to Mr. Green too. :)
    xoxo Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was so good to hear you're all home and recovering from this ordeal. We love you, Louise and Kramer, Katherine and John

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Marlene... you gave me the chills. What a beautiful posting. Looking forward to my 30 minutes with our dear Adri. Lots of love to all of the Hallenberger Clan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marlene, you and your whole family are
    So,so very special! I love the Mr. Green story. Having Adri better makes a good day for many of us!

    Love you all!

    Roseanne (in Chicago this week)

    ReplyDelete