Thursday, August 5, 2010

Seven Weeks and One Day

I ran today!!

Besides humbling, the road of recovery is waking up every morning and reintroducing your self to your body.
Self: Good morning body, how ya' feeling today?
Body: Okay, but my neck is real stiff from the incision and my left eye is numb.
Self: No worries, we’ll take it easy today.

But today it went something like this…
Self: Good morning body, how ya' feeling today?
Body: Alright. Tired from the tinnitus.
Self: Hmm, I have an idea. I think it's time we try running!

And so you have it - I ran this morning… and it was GREAT! Granted, I ran slower today than I did on the first mile I ever ran when it was California State Law for all fifth graders to complete the mile. But that’s no big whoop; I still tried! Not only did I feel drunk, I know I looked drunk because I zigzagged from side to side. But who cares because I did it - wow!

Okay, my body’s now telling my self that it’s time for a nap.

4 comments:

  1. SO proud of you!!!! That's awesome, and such a huge encouragement to see where you are now compared to just a month ago! I ca't wait to see you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops... forgot to tell you who I am... love, Bolles

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha adri! I am sooo proud of you!I still remember looking at you in the hospital bed, and now look at you! You RAN!!!!!!!!!! Who cares if you looked drunk?!!?!? At least you did it! Good job!!! Give yourself a pat on the back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Adri. Runner girl! Impressive!
    Love to you from Louise and Kramer; Katherine and John
    John will go see Lex and Molly tonight.

    ReplyDelete